National Homeownership Month: Building a great future in Ingleside
13 Jun 2022
Across the country, National Homeownership Month is celebrated in the month of June every year. Owning a home renders great value to families, communities, and neighborhoods across America, and by becoming a homeowner, a person gets one step closer to fulfilling the American dream. The month of June celebrates the joys of becoming a homeowner, bringing manifold advantages with it.
- For a better future
- Homeownership helps to build on your options for the future. Owning a home can aid you in making a profit when you plan to sell, assisting you in leveraging your home equity or paying for other expenses.
- For the benefit of a community
- Homeownership may seem very daunting, but the payoff is rewarding. Owning a house leads to financial stability, a permanent home, and a sense of belonging in your community
- For a sense of belonging
- When you are a homeowner you begin to stay invested in your community; getting involved in activities and volunteering for charity and other events adds to a sense of belonging that is much greater than for a person who is just a renter.
When you are a homeowner the whole community benefits
The community and the economy benefit when property owners pay real estate taxes - these funds are used for many infrastructure services and projects, some of which include:
- Road building and repairs
- Construction of schools
- Library operations
- Government social services
- Police and fire departments
- Parks and recreation etc.
The advantages of homeownership go beyond the financial benefits, in fact, many of them are intangible. A person buying a home in an area often stays there for many years, and over time, the owner starts getting involved in activities surrounding the community. This helps to create a sense of belonging, a benefit that spills over into building a strong community and network. This sense of belonging in homeowners is greater than in renters.
Starting with the homeowner and continuing throughout the community, homeownership brings with it, many benefits, financial, tangible, and intangible.
A wide array of options for homeowners in Ingleside
Ingleside is a charming, family-friendly community along the Texas coastline. The community attracts people of all ages and backgrounds because of its excellent location and affordable housing prices.
The low cost of housing is singularly attractive for those moving out of higher-cost areas and major metros. Ingleside offers millennials, growing families and retirees the opportunity to own a home at a fraction of the national average. Housing styles range from single-story ranch-style homes to beachy cottages and expansive executive homes with property - all minutes from the water and the Port Aransas ferry.
Click here to search for a home for sale in Ingleside. Those who would prefer to rent can click here to search for a rental property, but, with prices so low, it makes sense to look at homeownership as a more suitable option. For more information on Ingleside, click here.